Mobile Games fall in a special category. They do not have the impressive history and long storyline of RPG’s (Role Playing Games) on Desktops and Consoles do. But gradually, as the better Smart phones take over at competitive prices, Mobile Games are making ground here. Some classic games are being ported over to the Smartphone Touch-screen from their original device of application, and are now at home there. Yet others are being designed specifically for the Mobile Phone, and have features that enrich this platform. Both forms of the Most Popular Mobile Games will be briefly highlighted here, with the hope that this will ensure knowledge as well as entertainment for Game Lovers everywhere.
Most Popular In 2020
Some of the Mobile Games that are right now the Most Popular are:
- Knights Of The Old Republic (KOTOR): This is one of the truly great RPGs ever. It has a fantastic story, and extraordinary game-play. It is a continuation of the legendary Star Wars Saga. It was originally created by BioWare, and has a historic storyline. It has been ported to Android (and hence to mobile phones) by some sterling work at Aspyr. KOTOR and its sequel are definitely the best Star Wars games ever made. Its UI (User Interface) has been revamped for touch screens, and does not need debugging.
- Call of Duty Mobile (CoD Mobile): This game has won Game Of The Year Award for 2019, and is fully free to play. Tencent Games has created the magnificent Mobile Shooter Space with the familiar interface and surprising game-play performance. This version has done a great job of adapting and expanding the original PC and Console version.
- PUBG Mobile Lite (PlayersUnknown’sBattleGround): This version has been specifically designed to take up less space on a phone, use less RAM and yet run smoothly. It has spectacular graphics, and its transportation from the PC version is very well done indeed. PUBG is an online multiplayer Battle Royale Game. It has now been extended to Mobile phones from PCs and Consoles, and is loved by millions all over the world despite seeming to always run into controversy.
- Tesla vs Lovecraft: This game is a powerful Peer-to-Peer competitive game which also unleashes continuous and nightmarish waves of horrifying monsters at the Player. This RPG is centered on the exploits of Nicola Tesla and his high-tech armory against a relentless enemy in H.P. Lovecraft and his bunch of monsters. It has been tricked to perfection by the Finnish Developers ‘10tons Ltd’.
- Chameleon Run: This is a colorful speed-running Specialist that allows Players to upload their own levels. This game tests the quick reflexes of any Player, with precise jumps to avoid explosive misadventures.
- Holedown: This game expands the old Ball and Brick game to a futuristic environment which involve excavating the Core of Planets, Asteroids and Stars. This is a Physics-based puzzle game that is completely obsessive on mobile phone. It has been setting the stands alight since 2018.
- The Room: Old Sins: This is an award winning puzzle game, the fourth to be awarded in the Room Series. The storyline involves the Player in RPG game playing, where the Player investigates the home of an ambitious and curiosity-driven engineer who cannot found. The search of his home reveals a strange doll house in the attic, which seem to beckon to time-and-space travel. A highly intricate eye device sets the Player to explore the rooms of the doll house. Each room has a unique puzzle box and other contraptions. These clues lead the Player through an engrossing chase to find the whereabouts of the engineer and his wife. Sophisticated Audio and Graphics are to be experienced to be believed.
- Monument Valley 1&2: This again is a game that has been adapted from the original version for the mobile phone. It has a bare-bone story and a fantastical surrealism that envelops the Player as he/she guides the Silent Princess to her goal. While Monument Valley 1 is limited in scope, it is Monument Valley 2 that expands vastly and presents continuous challenges to the Player. If the Players love puzzles then this is the game for them.
- JYDGE: JYDGE shadows RoboCop, and is a cybernetic enforcement officer, who uses a super powerful weapon, which he calls his Gavel, to deliver instant justice. He is Judge, Jury and Executioner, all rolled into one. A series of stories or episodes cumulatively culminate in a crescendo of violence. This is a top class shooter genre game. The Player is allowed to intensify each succeeding level by selection of a fantastic collection of weapons and accessories. Rogue elements from its predecessor Neon Chrome are retained, while intensifying the complexity of the game.